Thursday 31 August 2017

Northumbrian Branch Line Halt


The second old Mainline J72 that I found on eBay turned out to have seen better days, so has been relegated to the spares box, although it only cost me a bit over a tenner so I'm not too bothered. However, the first one I managed to acquire is a lovely runner and virtually new, so I can still crack on with my plans for a small and minimalist branch line halt layout in Northumberland. This will be set in the early 50's, so will have a mixture of old LNER rolling stock and new or refurbished British Railways wagons, vans and brake vans.

Fontburn Halt on the Rothbury Branch Line

I'm in no rush to get started on this project, in fact I don't intend to do anything until the start of next year, so in the meantime I can continue gathering bits and bobs to build the layout. I will also be thinking up some variations on track plans and scenery to make the layout as interesting as possible, if perhaps a little less than exciting to operate as a pure 'Inglenook' shunting layout. I have some prototypes to use as  a basis for the layout design and appearance, so will have no shortage of ideas when it comes to working things out in greater detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment