Saturday 19 August 2017

Mainline J72 68745

From the 1979 (!) Mainline Catalogue

A friend of mine had one of these when I was a kid and I always wanted one myself. I saw an unused and boxed one on eBay so thought I'd put in a bid, even if the model has to been at least a quarter of  a century on the shelf. It may need some careful looking after but I'm hoping it will be a good runner, having never been out of the box. It's also started me on a re-think of my OO layout plans, with a view to simplifying my first project back to a basic 4' x 1' Inglenook design.


This can be used as a practice run for my more expansive GWR shunting yard branch line layout. It would also be easier and cheaper for me to get up and running, with no complicated or involved scenic or electrical bits to worry about. I also really like the idea of a Northumbrian rural or industrial setting in the early British Railways period, having spent a couple of holidays up there visiting Hadrians Wall, the coast and various castles.

No comments:

Post a Comment