Sunday 15 September 2019

Planning the Shunting Layout






I've been planning the basic design of my shunting layout today, using the basic track components that I bought in a Hobbycraft sale a couple of years ago and some handy 30cm x 30cm mdf squares from Poundland as a template. I have tried to squeeze it all into a roughly 4' x 4' area but it really will need to be at least 5' long, as the sidings and head shunt are just too short for more than a couple of wagons and the locomotive, especially when using anything larger than a short 0-6-0 tank engine. The sidings in particular need at least another 6'' to 12'' or so to make them functional. I may also widen the baseboard a bit to give some space for scenery. It's not too bad as a layout, however, with minimal wiring and plenty of room for shunting things backwards and forwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment