Tuesday 29 October 2019

Hornby 14xx


I have acquired a second hand Hornby 14xx on eBay to replace my old, clanky Airfix model which I will now retire. The Hornby model has been fitted with a new motor and so should be a good, low speed runner but you never know with second hand kit. If the bodywork is not as good as the Airfix one I'll do a quick swap over, as the Airfix body is in excellent condition and it would be an easy un-screw then re-screw job. I won't be using this one with an autocoach, which is a bit predictable, but instead will use it as a shunter for my minimal space shunting puzzle layout, perhaps pulling a rake of three wheel milk tankers or some pick up goods. It should really be re-numbered in the 48xx series but I'll just leave it for the moment. It will be a useful addition to my motive power collection either way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment