Sunday 13 October 2019

Lima J50 0-6-0



I have now acquired an old Lima J50 in British Railways livery for my Northumbrian branch line shunting layout project, so have retired the knackered old Mainline J72 that I was originally going to use as motive power. The Lima model isn't very detailed and is probably inaccurate in all sorts of ways but it was cheap and, if it runs well enough, will make a good stand in until I can find something better. I do have a Hornby J52, which is a much better model and a lovely runner, but it's always more fun to have a couple of locomotives rather than just the one. In the longer term, I may also use the J50 as a test bed for detailing and weathering, perhaps with a chassis swap to make it a better runner, much like this chap has done with excellent results:

No comments:

Post a Comment