Wednesday 16 October 2019

Quarry Hoppers


I have one of these old Mainline hopper wagons, which I bought in a bundle from eBay, as I thought it would be a good addition and would fir in well with my GWR shunting layout plans. The Hoare Brothers quarry was just outside Tavistock on the old Tavistock to Launceston branch line, so would be a good subject for a small layout. It had four sidings and produced gravel and hard core for road construction. You can find these hoppers quite easily on eBay although they tend to be a bit overpriced, so I will try to get hold of three or four more to make up a reasonable train. I like the idea of having private owner wagons but not the wide variety that you often see on layouts, as I'm sue this would have been fairly unusual.

No comments:

Post a Comment