Saturday 29 July 2017

DC Controllers


I have an old but immaculate Hannant and Morgan Duette controller that I inherited from my grandfather but, in the interest of safety and until I get it PAT tested, I'll be using the brand new Bachmann controller that came with the Western Wanderer set. I've already used this to test the locos that I've bought from eBay and it is very smooth, giving excellent low speed control. 

I will remove the plug in power link to the horrible track power clip, so that I can solder a connection directly to the rail then wire it up under the base board using a screw terminal block. I won't be able to use point motors, as there's no power supply, but that's not a problem given the small number of points involved and the compact size of the layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment