Sunday 30 July 2017

Lineside Structures




I've been working out the various options for lineside buildings to be used on the shunting yard layout, with off the shelf kits as the obvious way to keep time and effort to a minimum. I'm more than capable of scratch building suitable structures but, to make life easier, I'm happy to use plastic or card kits instead. I've chosen most of the buildings from either the Ratio or Wills plastic kit ranges, as they fit the rural 'feel' of the layout and work well as GWR buildings. I particularly like the Wills single road engine shed with water tower model, which is exactly what I'm looking for. The Ratio timber merchants and provender store are also spot on. I'll set about finding the kits I need on eBay, as I'm aiming to keep cost to a minimum.

No comments:

Post a Comment