Thursday 3 August 2017

GWR Locomotive Green


I'm planning to re-paint some of my second hand OO Hornby and Bachmann pannier tanks in a more accurate post 1928 Great Western Railway locomotive green, so that they match the new Bachmann 57XX pannier that I also own. This is ina much darker, richer shade of GWR green compared to the blue/green shade of the Hornby and older Bachmann models. I'm not sure if this is meant to represent the post-1928 shade or the pre-1928 shade of bronze green but I prefer it to the blue-green of the other models. I've been trying to track down a matching shade and, as I prefer to use acrylics, this has narrowed down to either Humbrol RC405 or Railmatch 2601 GWR Green. I'll just have to order both and see which one is the best match for the post-1928 prototype colour?

1 comment:

  1. I've subsequently discovered that Halfords aerosol acrylic car sprays are the way to do it, either Ford Laurel Green or Rover Brooklands Green. I'll get a can of both and do a comparison test spray.

    ReplyDelete